Matthew James Taylor
Web design ›
Best Web Development Tools
(Free & Paid)
14 Jan 2023 — Updated 27 Jan 2023
“I've been developing websites professionally for over two decades and running this site since 1997! During this time I've found many amazing tools and services that I cannot live without.”
— Matthew James Taylor
Table of contents
- Content creation
- Website optimization
- Topic research
- Design and imagery
- Image optimization
Website Monetization Services
Turn website traffic into monthly revenue with display ads from a trusted ad network.
— Best ad network for publishers
Earn more than double the revenue of Google Adsense. It's easy to set up and there's no minimum traffic requirements.
- Extract the most ad revenue possible from high-traffic websites (50k sessions per month required.)
Content Creation Tools
Speed up your content creation process and improve the overal quality of your website with the following writing tools.
— Best Content Creation Tool
Plan, outline, and write long-form website articles with the power of AI and produce content faster than ever.
— Best Content Optimization Tool
Use the power of AI to optimise your website content and increase article rankings on Google.
— Best Spelling, Punctuation, and Grammar Checker
Write professional copy that's clean, direct, and a pleasure to read even if English is not your first language.
- Use AI to outline documents, write engaging copy, and explore potential ideas and topics.
- Count characters, words, sentences, and paragraphs, and determin the reading level for your copy.
Fix technical SEO issues, improve website speed, and accessibility.
- Structured data testing tool
- Validate webpage schema markup to ensure you qualify for Google's rich SERP results.
- Improve onsite SEO by auditing for common SEO issues such as broken links, redirects, duplicate content, and more.
- SERP Snippet Optimizer
- Fine tune Meta title length and optimize how your web pages look in Google search results.
- Responsive ad checker
- Check your responsive HTML5 ads in all the common ad sizes in a single test.
Topic Research Tools
Reasearch your niche, monitor competitors, and plan your content strategy.
— Best Topic Research Tool
Research writing topics, monitor your website keyword rankings, analyse your backlink profile, and so much more.
- Google Trends
- Compare international and local keyword search traffic trends on Google.
- Brainstorm keyword ideas based around any topic including questions, prepositions, and comparisons.
Get your ideas online and reach a global audience.
— Best Website Hosting
Professional Wordpress hosting with 24/7 customer support that is the best in the industry, hands down!
- Create and manage beautiful websites — no technical knowledge required.
- Enterprize-level hosting and web services for mission-critical online systems.
Website Marketing Tools
Stay in contact with your customers and promote your latest content.
— Best Digital Marketing Platform
Manage your email list, promote your services, and send international SMS messages to your customers.
Design and imagery
Design graphics, layouts, illustrations, and generate images.
— Best Graphic Design Software
Create professional graphics and social media imagery with an intuitive online interface.
- Use the power of AI to generate art and imagery in the blink of an eye.
- Create realistic images and art from natural language descriptions.
Speed up your website by compressing images or converting to more efficient file formats.
- Compress jpeg
- Easily compress your JPG images in bulk using this free online tool.
- Drastically reduce the size of your PNG images by intelligently reducing their color palette.
- SVG OMG
- Reduce the size of your SVG images by removing unnecessary elements and cleaning up messy vector paths.
Write clean and efficient code that's a pleasure to work with.
- CSS Minifier
- Reduce your CSS code size and speed up your website.
I'll keep this page updated as I discover more amazing tools and services.