Web templates, web design, layout examples, usability and navigation:
- A house plan that responds to the width of your browser window
- Responsive Banner Ads with HTML5 and CSS3 Introducing flexible HTML5 banner ads for your responsive layouts
- iPad CSS Layout with landscape / portrait orientation modes A free iPad optimised website layout that changes design when the device is rotated
- Design 11: Inspiration behind the new look A summary of the new design and features of my redesigned website
- Horizontally Centered Drop-Down Menus A detailed article explaining how to add drop-down submenus to my centered menus
- Exploring web typography: An experimental CSS hover layout An experimental website layout using the CSS hover pseudo-class and plain XHTML
- Ultimate Liquid Layout Drupal Themes Thanks to Gaus Surahman my ultimate liquid layouts are now available for download as themes for the Drupal CMS
- Link Source Ordering Master link source ordering and you will be able to redirect link popularity to key pages in your website
- Equal Height Columns with Cross-Browser CSS A step by step tutorial explaining how to create multicolumn layouts with divs and CSS where every column is the same height
- The Holy Grail Liquid-Layout, No Quirks Mode A new version of my 3 column liquid layout that does not use quirks mode or IE conditional comments
- 'Split Page' 3 column CSS liquid-layout An unusual web page design that is the inverse of the Holy Grail liquid-layout.
- Adobe Dreamweaver CSS rendering bug A courtesy warning for web designers using Dreamweaver with my liquid layouts
- Converting a liquid-layout to fixed-width with CSS A simple CSS tutorial showing how to change between fixed-width and liquid-layouts with the use of a container div
- A 'Liquid' List Apart A liquid layout would be much more accessible and user-friendly for the 'A List Apart' website, see my mockup.
- Ultimate multi-column liquid layouts A new series of solid layouts that use pixel and em widths for columns. SEO friendly. No CSS hacks. Free for anyone to use.
- How to keep footers at the bottom of the page A simple method using valid CSS to keep your footer at the bottom of the screen on pages with little content.