My design blog covers many topics but there is a particular focus on web design and web development as these are some of my main interests. You will find plenty of information about my liquid layouts and useful CSS tricks that I've developed over the years. There are also a few posts on art, drawing and design with the occasional one on science or philosophy thrown in for good measure. I hope you enjoy them. - Matt =)
- Print out your own MacBook Air Can't afford a MacBook Air? Print out one for free!
- Carbon Neutral Christmas Lights Environmentally friendly Christmas lights that are fun and interactive
- Animated Photoshop selection on a web page! Highlight areas of your website with animated select boxes just like you can do in PhotoShop
- How to keep footers at the bottom of the page A simple method using valid CSS to keep your footer at the bottom of the screen on pages with little content.
- The art of sharpening pencils See all the popular styles and methods of sharpening pencils and learn a few tricks too.
- Preventing a common security problem with login forms A potential security risk with login forms that all web designers should know about
- Preventing a background image jump A simple remedy for a potentially annoying background image CSS quirk
- The Floating Boxes CSS Layout An alternative website design to the standard 'fixed width' or 'liquid layout' designs
- How I drew my Bjork 'Alarm Call' picture This is a simple step-by-step tutorial describing some of the tricks I use in CorelDraw and Photoshop and also when scanning artwork.
- Synesthesia: how I associate colours to letters For as long as I can remember I have associated particular colours to each letter of the alphabet. I thought I was crazy; that was until I discovered I was not alone with these experiences...